<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Layout:
Home > Company match
 

Company match

September 29th, 2007 at 10:58 pm

Well good news, I am 1 year on my job now so I am getting company match to my 403B; they match 3% to my 2% contribution. Also I am receiving an additional 6% whether I contribute or not, so it's like receiving an instant 9% raise in addition to my annual pay raise of 6%. A total of additional 15% pay is not bad. Here are some new numbers(since May):


DEBT:

Student Loan: $10,596.70 down 1.65%
Credit Card: $7969.63 down 10.4%
Auto Loan: $10146.88 down 17.6%

ASSETS:

Savings $2835 up 26.6%
Roth IRA $3302.85 up 22.4%
Individual stocks $2,070.82 up 2.1%
403B $3695 up 110%


The value of that Roth has increased by 50% over the past year even though I have not contributed a penny. I'm wondering if just ignoring that in favor of my 403B is the right thing to do since it's doing so well.

0 Responses to “Company match”

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
*
Will not be published.
   

* Please spell out the number 9.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]